ABOUT                 SHOP                 CONTACT

4/9/15

DIY All-Natural* Dishwashing Detergent


I am all about the DIY situations for home cleaners and this guy works great!  I've been using this "recipe" for the past year or so and it does a wonderful job, doesn't leave spots on your glassware and is CHEAP.

You need 
*Borax
*Washing Soda
*Salt (technically Kosher Salt but I went with what I have)
*Citric Acid (OR Lemonade Flavored Kool Aid - remember, you have to add the sugar to lemonade so the lemonade flavor is basically just citric acid and lemon fragrance - built in fresh smell!) 


Throw 1 cup of the Borax and the Washing Soda 
together with 
1/2 cup each of Salt and Citric Acid (about 17 packets of Lemonade Kool-Aid)


In a blender (or you can mix it in a bowl)

And that's it!!


I use a little scoop/spoon from a canister of powdered greens I had but you can use whatever you want - and it just takes one scoop!

You can also throw a little white vinegar in the dishwasher's rinse aid reservoir for added goodness. 

For my DIY All-Natural Laundry Detergent click HERE
For my DIY All- Natural All-Purpose Cleaner click HERE 

*and no, the fragrance in the Lemonade Kool-Aid isn't all natural but I'm okay with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment