ABOUT                 SHOP                 CONTACT

3/12/14

NBC's New York Live "Makeup For Every Skintone" Video Segment


I'm so excited to share this clip with our group!!  We shot this segment with Lilliana Vazquez for NBC's New York Live at DryBar in Murray Hill back in November and it just aired this week.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO 

The concept I wanted to implement was finding a color palette that would work on literally any skintone at all - light, medium or deep.  So I started off applying the proper complexion products on each girl as those would, of course, be different.  I then applied these Erin's Faces products to each model -


Magic Dust, Mineral Eyeshadow in Sunset, Mineral Blush in Tulip, Satin Lipstick in Spice, Mineral Lipgloss in Enchanted - for individual products click on each name or click HERE for all of them in one spot


On Maggie we focused on a bold lip and did Spice Lipstick full force with just a hit of gloss on top.  Because Tulip is so bright we just used a hit of it on her apples.  Because her lip was the focus I went softer on Maggie's eyes and used Magic Dust on the inner half and the Sunset on the outer half.  Her complexion colors were Mineral Foundation - Linen and Mineral Concealer - Light.


For Di Ana I wanted a look that would work be easy breezey/work appropriate - we went super soft on everything - shadow and cheeks with Magic Dust as a cheek highlight.  For lips I did a stain effect with the lipstick meaning I just dotted it on the lip and smudged it in with my finger/lipbrush and then put TONS of Enchanted gloss on top.  Di Ana's complexion colors were Mineral Foundation - Natural Beige and Mineral Concealer - Medium.


On Yvonne I wanted an eye that would draw you in so I wet the shadow brush, squeezed it out and then went into the Sunset shadow.  What that does is give you a heavier, more saturated pigment (and Sunset is pretty pigmented anyhow!).  I blended the edges with a dry shadow brush and threw Magic Dust on the inner corners of the eyes.  Lipwise was a pretty equal pairing of lipstick and gloss.  Yvonne's complexion colors were Mineral Foundations - Fawn & Honey Bronze.

No comments:

Post a Comment