ABOUT                 SHOP                 CONTACT

5/6/13

Monoi Tiari is Here!!



Tiari Flowers from Tahiti
I am BEYOND excited to share these two products with you guys - I have been planning them for months and finally get to put them in your hands and I cannot wait!

Don't you want to go to Tahiti?!  Me too :)
A little back story - I have always been in love with fragrances that smell like summer (as described in THIS blog post) and I got introduced to Monoi Tiari Oil last summer by a company that brings it in from Tahiti. It smelled delicious so I immediately started thinking about Summer 2013 and about how I could incorporate them into some products. 





Info on Monoi Tiari - Monoi de Tahiti designates that the Monoi Oil I use is made in French Polynesia and is created by macerating/crushing ten Tiare blossoms (hand picked as buds that must be used within 24 hours of harvesting) in refined coconut oil. The coconut oil is extracted from mature coconuts gathered from trees growing exclusively in the coral soil in the geographic area of French Polynesia. Only "Tiare" flower buds from the Gardenia Tahitensis species and of Polynesian origin are used.  Fancy right?  It's amazing!
Organic Monoi Tiari Body Lotion, 8 oz. $25
I went through a number of lotion formulas as I wanted something SUPER lightweight, almost gel-like, and very thin since the last thing I want to do in my tiny bathroom is put on a heavy body cream post-shower in the summer (because NYC is HOT).  I finally settled on an Organic formula that uses Milk and Honey to hydrate skin in an Aloe Vera base.  It is fantastic!  I add nearly a full ounce of Monoi Tiari Oil to each 8 ounce bottle of lotion so you get a great lasting fragrance that isn't overpowering. 
Organic Monoi Tiari Sugar Body Scrub, 8 oz. $25
Then I had a conversation with my awesome lady in the Bronx who makes my Organic Sugar Scrubs for me and checked to see if we could do a Monoi Tiari version - she thought it was a great idea and I just it in the mail right before I went to California last week and I was in LOVE.  In fact, we totally sold out of it in Los Angeles so those ladies loved it too! 

So if you are into turning your bathroom into a beachy, island getaway then join me with the Organic Monoi Tiari goodies - they're good for your skin and lovely for your nose!

2 comments:

  1. Erin, I love Monoi Tiari! When I lived in the Cook Islands I bought a bucket load of it right before I moved back to the States because I didn't know if I could get it here and didn't want to risk it :-) It smells SOOOOO good and I think it's awesome you're using it in your organic lotion and body scrub!
    hugs,
    Donia
    http://DoniaLilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Donia!! Doesn't it smell amazing?! So yummy! Thank you! xoox

    ReplyDelete